Glass House Winery
One-of-a-kind Free Union winery and chocolatier weds owners Jeff and Michelle Sanders’ individual passions, the botanical and the artisanal, with its adjacent tasting room and glass conservatory of tropical flora. As of 2014, all Glass House wines are produced from estate-grown grapes. Features a seating area and event space within the conservatory, a deck overlooking the lake and Buck Mountain, outdoor picnic tables and a floating dock.
Winemaker: Michael Macfarlan
- Whites: Pinot Gris, Viognier, Chardonnay
- Off-dry White: Vino Signora
- Dry Rosé: E-Ville Pink Drink
- Reds (single varietal and blends): C-Villian, One Lane Bridge (Blaufrankish), Twenty-First (Bordeux Blend), Barbera, Estratto
- Dessert: Meglio del Sesso (real dark chocolate infused dessert style wine), Bellezza (port style)
Tasting fee: $8/person or $10/person includes souvenir glass. Groups of more than 10 people must e-mail in advance to schedule a tasting.
- Thursday – Sunday (and holiday Mondays): 12pm – 5:30pm
- Friday: 12pm – 9pm
5898 Free Union Road
Free Union, Virginia 22940
Phone: (434) 975-0094